Direct from Microsoft
Need to get caught up from all the Microsoft Build news? Check out the Book of News containing key items announced at Microsoft Build.
Azure Vice President John Chirapurath shares an Azure at Microsoft Build recap, highlighting significant developer changes and using AI for applications with Azure.
Azure General Manager Arpan Shah discusses new Azure capabilities to simplify deployment and management. Arpan discusses releases like Azure Bicep and using Elastic natively for application monitoring.
Speaking of Microsoft Build, here are a couple of great reviews and round-ups of all the news coming out last week:
- Sarah Lean’s Weekly Update #93 – Round up from MS Build
- Chris Reddington’s Build 2021 Highlights
- John Savill’s Azure Infrastructure Update – Build 2021 Special
Check out this episode of AzureFunBytes where Corporate Vice-President Brendan Burns shows off the power of containers along with some tricks in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Looking to get started with Azure Arc? Check out Thomas Maurer’s overview of Azure Arc Jumpstart Arcbox. Microsoft designed ArcBox as a self-contained sandbox in an Azure subscription for exploring the Azure Arc technology.
Sonia Cuff demonstrates the new VPN access to Azure from macOS with Azure Active Directory authentication. Microsoft recently released in preview a macOS Azure VPN agent for connecting a point-to-site VPN connection.
Kartik Pullabhotla shares how to configure Automation in Azure Backup for managing virtual machines at scale.
Looking to get started with AI on Azure? Barbara Forbes shares her experience Learning AI through Microsoft Learn.
Julkaissut Joosua Santasalo shows us how to use PowerShell to find dangling redirect URIs in an Azure AD tenant.
Nick Rimmer provides a thorough understanding of how to prep Hyper-V virtual machine migration using the Azure Migration Assessment Tool. This article is great if you are looking to migrate your on-premises Hyper-V systems to Azure.
Thomas Thornton walks through creating an Azure DevOps self-hosted Linux agent virtual machine using Terraform. Thomas covers why you want to use a self-hosted agent and includes steps to create the DevOps pipeline.
Bertrand Thomas shares an Azure Build Pipelines pro tip on customizing git checkout. Bertrand shows how to control the automatic git checkout command when executing a pipeline.
Dinesh P. provides a tutorial on promoting container images to production using Azure DevOps. Dinesh covers challenges when performing this task and best practices.
On June 29, 2021, Microsoft is hosting an Azure Hybrid and MultiCloud Digital Event, covering strategies for fueling innovation and productivity with Azure solutions.
The following updates are now generally available:
- Expanded Azure Cosmos DB free tier now in general availability
- Azure Cosmos DB serverless now in general availability
- Azure Cosmos DB role-based access control (RBAC) now in general availability
- Azure RBAC for Kubernetes Authorization in AKS
- Encryption at host support in AKS
- Logic Apps with new hosting options
- PowerShell support in Durable Functions is now generally available
The following updates are currently available in preview:
- Run App Service on Kubernetes or anywhere with Azure Arc
- Azure Cosmos DB integrated cache now in public preview
- Azure Cosmos DB Linux Emulator in public preview
- Always Encrypted for Azure Cosmos DB in public preview
- AKS support for containerd for Windows server containers
- Export Azure Monitor logs to multiple destinations
- Log Analytics workspace insights from Azure Monitor
- Partial document update for Azure Cosmos DB in private preview
- Azure Storage Blob inventory public preview is now available in all public regions
- Introducing new Durable Functions storage provider options