By 2025, more than 99% of cloud breaches will have a root cause of preventable misconfigurations or mistakes by end users, according to Gartner.
With how quickly SaaS and IaaS apps add new features and functionality, it can be difficult to make sure they’re always configured properly. Large companies deploy an average of 187 different SaaS apps, which means security and compliance teams can spend months just trying to locate and understand their cloud security risk.
Now, with Varonis’ automated posture management, you can review insights from across your cloud environment and, with a click of a button, automatically fix security risks and non-compliant configurations.
Going beyond traditional SSPM and CSPM
Traditional security posture management solutions are good at finding SaaS and IaaS errors — showing you where your configurations drift from best practices and providing recommendations and instructions on how to fix them. But what these solutions don’t offer is a simple, hands-off way to solve the issues they find.
One-click fix to automatically improve your security posture
Varonis’ Insights Dashboard continuously scans your SaaS and IaaS apps and identifies security gaps and misconfigurations. We alert you when issues arise and provide a clear and concise explanation of how these gaps put your organization at risk.
With the addition of our automated posture management capabilities, customers can now solve issues without ever leaving the Varonis UI. We’ll commit the change on your behalf.
No more complicated workflows or arduous step-by-step fixes that take hours to complete. Simply review your Varonis Insights Dashboard, sort by severity or service, and begin automatically fixing critical misconfigurations with a single click.
You can also drill down from the insights widget on the dashboard, filter or search for the issues you’d like to remediate, and click fix. We’ll take care of the rest.
Quickly identify and fix configuration risks.
You can even bundle and fix multiple misconfigurations at a time if they are found across more than one instance of your environment.
Bundle Varonis Insights together to fix all security gaps at once.
Once you remedy an issue, you’ll see it reflected in your dashboard under the Fixed Insights widget. Click on the widget to get a detailed report of everything Varonis has taken care of and when the fix occurred.
Review the insights you have fixed with the Fixed Insights dashboard widget.
Over time, customers will have the option to auto-fix a wider variety of misconfigurations. Some issues, however, can’t be auto-fixed yet because the app vendor doesn’t provide API to make the required change.
Expert-created, continuously updated insights
Our team of experts continuously update Varonis’ insights library with the latest configuration risks and best practices as SaaS and IaaS platforms evolve and add new configuration options. We employ world-class domain experts in Salesforce, AWS, Google, Okta, and more, so you don’t have to. We develop, test, and automatically push new insight definitions to all customers.
What’s more, our elite cybersecurity research team, Varonis Threat Labs (VTL), constantly discovers new attack vectors and ways threat actors abuse misconfigurations in the world’s most critical SaaS apps. Our learnings from VTL create new and unique cloud security insights that keep you safe.
Some of the latest VTL findings include:
- Varonis Threat Labs Discovers SQLi and Access Flaws in Zendesk
- Mixed Messages: Busting Box’s MFA
- CrossTalk and Secret Agent: Two Attack Vectors on Okta’s Identity Suite
- Using PowerAutomate for Covert Data Exfiltration in Microsoft 365
- Einstein’s Wormhole: Capturing Outlook & Google Calendars via Salesforce Guest User Bug
Automated data security with Varonis
Varonis’ mission is to deliver effortless outcomes to customers. That’s why we’re building automation into every part of our platform. In addition to finding and fixing org-wide configuration issues, Varonis enables you to automatically:
- Discover and classify sensitive data. We automatically discover and classify sensitive data and secrets no matter where they live, showing you who has access and where your critical data is overexposed.
- Remove excessive access to sensitive data. With least privilege automation, we remove sharing links and direct permissions that expose your data org-wide, externally, and publicly in Box, Google Drive, and Microsoft 365. All without you having to lift a finger.
- Detect sophisticated threats. Varonis continuously monitors data activity to detect suspicious or risky behavior and stop incidents before they become breaches.
Interested in improving your security posture in 15 minutes?
Configuration gaps open your organization up to risks you can’t afford to take.
Varonis’ expert-led risk assessments are 100% complimentary and take just minutes to set up. Instantly assess your security posture and start closing your cloud security gaps.
What you should do now
Below are three ways we can help you begin your journey to reducing data risk at your company:
- Schedule a demo session with us, where we can show you around, answer your questions, and help you see if Varonis is right for you.
- Download our free report and learn the risks associated with SaaS data exposure.
- Share this blog post with someone you know who'd enjoy reading it. Share it with them via email, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, or Facebook.
Nathan has always loved learning about cutting edge technology but didn’t have the patience for coding. So, he found his niche as a microphone for the talented individuals behind the code.